Friday, October 5, 2012

Refrigerator Door of the World

I am coming to think of the internet as the world's refrigerator door.

Remember when we were kids and Mom would slap our latest and greatest piece of school art on the door for all to see?  Sure we were only stars in our own kitchen, but we felt good about it.  We wanted to do even better next time.

This blog is like that.  I slap something up occasionally, knowing that practically no one will see it.  But someone might walk by this post and see it.  

I joined a jigsaw puzzle website a few days ago.  It is adaptable to meet my time constraints.  If I have lots of time I can choose to work a puzzle with the maximum number of pieces with the rotations of the pieces randomized.  If I don't have much time I can do the puzzle with fewer pieces and/or the positions randomized, but in their correct rotation.

Then I noticed we players were invited to submit pictures to add to their library.  Ah ha!  Another refrigerator door.  They had a food category with only two pictures in it.  Now if you know me, you know I love good food.  A significant number of my cruise ship photos involve food.  So I chose one and submitted it:


And now it is out there for other puzzlers to solve, named Lido Breakfast.

If you like e-jigsaw puzzles, give it a try at Jigsaw Jam.

And feel free to add your writing, art and photos to the Refrigerator Door of the World. 

No comments: