Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Let's Hear It for Bisbee Arizona!

Today's Arizona Republic announced that the city council of Bisbee, Arizona has voted to recognize same sex civil unions.  Good for Bisbee in more ways than one!

Tom Horne, our state attorney general, has his ultraconservative panties in a wad along with many other state officials whose places in office seems to hinge on discrimination and bigotry for anyone who isn't white, christian, male, and straight.

I love Bisbee.  As E. J. Montini says, Bisbee is on the right side of history.  I could not pass up my opportunity to comment in a letter to the editor:

Bisbee Arizona, a place where all people are respected equally, has given our state a shining example of good will. Bisbee's choice to to allow same sex civil unions is in sharp contrast to discriminatory state laws and policies. When my out-of-state friends mock Arizona's bigotry in the name of conservatism, I'll recommend they come to visit Bisbee. And I'll visit, too!

Patricia Klemme
Phoenix AZ

 



No comments: