Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Driving to Delaware

After the Central Route of Run for the Wall left Lewisburg WV for Arlington National Cemetery, I struck out across Virginia and Maryland toward New Castle, Delaware.  It was a beautiful day and I took my time, enjoying the vibrant green landscapes so different from Sonora Desert coloration.

I got to the outskirts of Washington, DC, and realized.... Oh oh, I don't want to go there. I've nothing against our nation's capital except for its famously confusing traffic patterns.  I turned south instead of north on the beltway, had to reverse to get myself headed in the right direction, and prepared to cross big water into Delaware. 

This draft above is old news.... Like roughly five years ago.  I've dredged it out of the draft folder to publish belatedly.

Suffice it to say, the trip was lovely and I arrived in New Castle to visit a long time friend.  All in all a good trip.      

No comments: