Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Freedom from Facebook

This is independence day.

I just zapped all that I could out of my Facebook presence and deactivated my account.

I removed my pictures, my friends, my places, and even my family. Try as I did, I could not seem to remove my log in data. FB wished me fond farewell and hoped I'd be back soon. "Just log in as before...." Ah.

While it was mildly entertaining to peer into the lives of friends and acqaintances and downright addictive to play the games, Facebook doesn't make much of a place for self-expression. It also channels my known demographics to advertisers so I can be blitzed with any service or product suitable for retirement age spinsters with left-leaning tendencies. Or at least what they think I want. I don't need this; I don't want this.

Buh bye FB; hello Diverse Mind!

1 comment:

MadPriest said...

Congratulations, Pat.
Enjoy your freedom.