Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Superstition Reigns

Part of me wants to tell you all about a house on which I have made a buy offer.

Part of me is superstitious enough to keep my mouth shut.

All of me is getting a little impatient with the real estate face-saving practice called short selling. And if you think I'm having a little problem with this, please try to imagine the struggles of the home seller who is valiantly and honorably trying to stay ahead of foreclosure.

My ReMax Professional, Danielle Martinez, warned me that making an offer on a short sale would be setting myself up for a long drawn out process that could fall apart even at the last minute of closing. Caution to the wind, I made the offer. (I've always been this way. Give me advice and watch me ignore it!)

So now I sit in short sale limbo. And wait.

More as the process continues..... (Is that a promise or a threat? Lol!)

As for why short sales take so long? Check out this Arizona Republic article. Scary. Very scary.

No comments: