Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Novel is out of Cyber-Mothballs

Once upon a time long ago, Pat started writing a novel about some social justice issues.  She really was getting into it when suddenly she stopped.  No excuses.  At at same time I was taking a writing class, attending meetings of the Phoenix Writers' Club, writing blog posts. Hey, some of those blog posts are pretty good!  I stopped all those activities, too.  Okay, full disclosure here.  I was distracted by a femme fatale.  A good time was had by all, but not a lasting time.  This is where the 'no excuses' part comes in.  Once stopped, I failed to restart.


I tried to resurrect my interest in writing a couple of years ago.  I enlisted the aid of Julie Smith, author and teacher.  I bought her set of discs detailing many good writing skills, items like development of plot and character as well as practical every day writing advice such as keep your "butt in the chair".  I realized immediately what my problem was.  Butt would not stay in the chair.  Body would not rejoin PWC.  Novel was saved to hard drive and forgotten.

There is no telling what will happen here.  Butt is in chair.  Posts are being written.  PWC's next meeting is calendared for attendance.  Novel has been converted from old Word to 2010 Word.  We shall see!   

No comments: