Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cardinals Win! (Yes, really!)

Would you look at this?

Arizona Cardinals 33

Carolina Panthers 13
It is Saturday, January 10th, and the long-time lackadaisical Arizona Cardinals just won an NFL quarter-final game. They will next play for the right to go to the Super Bowl!
Is this the same Arizona Cardinals we've had all along? Well, yes and no. It sure is Kurt Warner at quarterback and Edgerrin James and Anquan Boldin and other familiar names. Yet there is a distinctly new spirit and team, perhaps as the result of Coach Whisenhunt's leadership. I'm not a Cardinals fan; I lost interest years ago due to year after year of failing seasons. So I'm not going to run out and try to buy a ticket or buy a TV to watch them, but I'll give them a post in my Diverse Mind blog! Good for the Cards! Go Cards! We are finally proud of you!!

No comments: