Sunday, January 4, 2009

Missing You

 

Babs,

Your smile was there for me when I was new, your hand reached out in welcome.

You gave me your name and phone number and asked me to call you the next day. You became my sponsor, my guide, my friend, and--somewhat unwillingly on my part--my honorary psychologist. You taught me how to make the steps work in my life and how to hang on to recovery no matter how life buffetted me. You said, "There are no big deals." You also said, "Life's hard and then you die." No matter what my whine, you had a wine-free answer. And I learned to live one day at a time, however imperfectly.

We were at Willie's on the north shore of Kauai, a short walk to End of the Road. We visited gardens and luaus and beaches. We spent relaxed vacation time together with our loved ones, and it was good. This photo is in my memory as one of the happiest smiles I've ever seen. I'm keeping it here and looking back from time to time to remember.

I miss you. Thanks for my very life!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: