Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can!


And I promise to help do the work of healing America.

As I was watching the inauguration, I realized that none of this would have happened if Al Gore had assumed the presidency in 2005. At that time, I wondered what God's plan was. I wondered what benefit could come from President W being re-elected (by court decision, no less). I reminded myself that there was surely a purpose underlying Gore's election loss (by court decision, yes). So many of us were discouraged and even angry. We could not see ahead.

But today I know the purpose, and my faith in God's guidance of our paths is renewed and refreshed.

All hail the Power....!

2 comments:

The King of America said...

Wow, what an interesting explanation of the past election. It is amazing how some things seem more clear in hind sight. Obama did wonderful job in his speach. What a way to pull the country and world together. It is interesting how God uses people to accomplish certain things at given times. I hope we can all live worthy to serve him as well.

Best wishes!

Unknown said...

It is a wonderful take on Pres. Obama. And it was a wonderful speech.