Saturday, July 21, 2012

Phoenix Writers Club

Bluewater Grill hosted the July 2012 meeting of the Phoenix Writers Club, and I had the pleasure of attending and catching up with members I knew six to seven years ago.  It surprises me that so many members have remained.  In addition to current president Cindi Reiss and treasurer Eileen Birin, BetteLou Tobin, Marge, Elaine, and Diane were there.  Missing were Mabel Leo, Patricia Brooks, Rita Ackerman and probably some others I've met before.  


It is July in Phoenix after all.  Anybody with a dime to spare and any sense flees the Valley.  So over the next few months I'll have the opportunity to get reacquainted with others.

Phoenix Writers Club has been active for over 80 years, one of the longest continuous groups in Arizona.  Though members like me may come and go, many are core stalwarts who carry forward PWC's goals.  The same welcome and encouragement was offered at today's meeting as was offered to me years ago.  Members encourage one another, share experiences with publishing as well as writing, and reach out to aspiring writers of all ages.

PWC's website has a tab labeled "Be A Writer".  What's the first piece of advice?  It tells me to say out loud, "I am a writer."  Thanks, Eileen; thanks PWC!

So here I am to say, 

"I am a writer."  

No comments: